£29,000 to £47,000
We are looking to recruit a Food Production Manager for our client in Nottingham.
Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 14:00pm-22:00pm
Looking for a new career opportunity working in Production Management? Are you looking for your next challenge? Our client is currently looking to recruit a new Production Manager to effectively lead a team of Supervisors and Operatives within one of our ground-breaking facilities.
Our client is the UK’s leading manufacturer of added value plant-based ingredients, changing the world one meal at a time. Their customers are major household names across the food service, retail, and delivery box sectors, creating an opportunity to work alongside and network with some of the UK’s biggest brands. Operating out of our three well invested sites in Nottingham, our client is rapidly expanding whilst remaining dynamic and leading the way in vegetable innovation. Now is the perfect time to join upon this exciting journey.
We are looking for applicants who are hardworking, who take pride in their work, and have an eye for detail. You must also maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment. Good communication skills are also essential as you will be working as part of a team in this role.
Joining this company is also joining a community that nurtures its workforce, with regular food events and staff recognition. It is imperative for our client to strive to ensure colleagues are rewarded for their dedication and hard work, while working together to produce products to a high standard.
- Overseeing and managing smooth and efficient factory production, with the output being good quality products made on time and to the correct yield.
- Promote a culture of constant reviewing of all production processes to increase efficiency, productivity and quality whilst striving to lower cost.
- Manage and support a team of Supervisors.
- Encouraging a LEAN manufacturing and continuously improving culture.
- Ensuring the effective application of Company policies and processes and to work with the business to develop these further.
- Championing and adhering to our Health and Safety mandate.
- Communicate effectively with your team in order to allocate work, set deadlines and inform employees of issues.
- Create a team culture so that operational excellence is always achieved.
- Focus closely on labour, waste and GMP targets to ensure efficiency.
- Head up the CI team ensuring that projects are handled efficiently and with the greatest positive outcome.
- Ensure savings are on track through Business Improvement Projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of excellence in Production Management
- Proven success of working within a culture of change
- Understanding of Quality Standards and Health and Safety regulations.
- Experience in reporting of key production metrics.
- Excellent organisational and strong leadership skills
- Experience in FMCG is essential
- A competitive salary
- A supportive management team with an open door policy
- 8% contributory pension (5% contributed by you)
- 28 days holiday (increasing by 1 day a year to a maximum of 5)
- Life assurance up to 3x salary
- Extra holiday days on 5, 10, 15, and 20 years of service
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Membership to The Company Shop based in Long Eaton
- Monthly team lunches, Christmas hampers and team building events
- Opportunities to take part in Degree Level Apprenticeships and training courses if required
- Opportunities to progress with a promote from within attitude
- Close to good transport links (bus and tram) with car parking available on site
This role is a Sunday to Thursday shift from 14:00pm to 22:00pm – flexibility is required
Zoop Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Specialist based in the East Midlands, and we pride ourselves into providing the highest quality of staff. If this job role doesn’t quite suit your requirements, please get in touch to see what other opportunities we have available, or visit our website on:
If you’re the Food Production Manager we’re looking for in Nottingham, then please upload your CV or call the office for more information on 01858 791333.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £29,000.00-£47,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Reference ID: RS PM 1