Up to £50,000 per year
Supporting the head of site operations and reporting into the dual site financial controller, the role holder will complete accurate monthly accounts, forecast and maintain systems and processes that ensure financial controls are implemented throughout the site.
- Managing & motivating a small team which includes credit control, accounts payable and order processing.
- Preparation of weekly stock reports – including movements and valuation.
- Weekly payroll analysis leading to KPI analysis and journal posting
- Produce the monthly operations continuous improvement pack and attend the meeting(s)
- Monthly management accounts – hands on preparation and posting of a number of key areas including: overrides, GRNI, stock and accruals/prepayments
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure balance sheet integrity
- Submission of monthly VAT return
- Monthly forecast preparation
- Commercial reporting
- Business partnering to support and challenge to other site management, playing an active role in driving the continuous improvement culture
- Maintaining and improving financial control systems including the factory data capture and yield control system
- Ad-hoc project work
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience with relevant career history
- Strong excel skills essential – VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot tables etc
- Excellent communicator both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences and can adapt style to suit situations.
- A willingness to challenge existing performance and practices to drive improvement
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues. Seeks and develops new relationships that will support the Team
- Able to deliver both independently and as part of the team with minimum supervision
- Able to manage workloads to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the willingness to support in other areas of the business where necessary
- Consistently motivated and focused on delivery
- Able to delegate effectively
- Able to appropriate solutions to problems.
The ideal candidate would have experience within the food manufacturing industry, although this is not essential it is ideal.
Zoop Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Specialist based in the East Midlands, and we pride ourselves into providing the highest quality of staff. If this job role doesn’t quite suit your requirements, please get in touch to see what other opportunities we have available, or visit our website on: