Up to £60,000 a year
We are recruiting a Data Developer for our client in Market Harborough.
This role will be responsible for the development and sustainment of our Clients data warehouse and its associated processes, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance) and execution of data loads.
This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Taking ownership, researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams, vendors or other external support.
- Prioritise and manage time between support tickets and projects.
- Managing and monitoring relevant systems and infrastructure to provide the best response for end users.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of service performance and capacity.
- Manage access permissions and privileges.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, redundancy and disaster strategies.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, manuals and procedures.
- Participate in an out-of-hours support rota which includes being able to provide remote support.
- Maintain data standards including adherence to PCI and GDPR.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Strong SQL (T-SQL) knowledge.
- A good understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and Data Warehouse concepts.
- In good working knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012/2016 and 2019.
- A good knowledge of helpdesk procedures, ideally ITIL certified.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native SQL monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with MS SQL backups, restores and recovery models.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Knowledge of HA (High Availability) and DR (Disaster Recovery) configuration options for MS SQL.
- An understanding of MS SQL security best practices.
- An understanding of PCI and GDPR requirements and compliancy
- Proactively manage and maintain documentation
If you’re the Data Developer we’re after in Market Harborough, then please do apply or call 01858 791333
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £60,000.00 per year
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Reference ID: DD
Zoop Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Specialist based in the East Midlands, and we pride ourselves into providing the highest quality of staff. If this job role doesn’t quite suit your requirements, please get in touch to see what other opportunities we have available.