Up to £42,000 a year
Our client is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
We work closely with our clients to deliver carefully planned, clever solutions that are bespoke to their circumstances and designed to enable their success.
Our client provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. We are currently looking for an Accounts Senior to join us on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our clients thriving rural business services team
The Purpose of the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified or part-qualified accountant to join our growing services team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility and ownership of your own work and deadline management. This feeds into the budgets on compliance work. Constant communication is essential.
- Take responsibility as “Lead staff” for a small portfolio of clients, being their day to day point of contact and ensuring the work runs smoothly, being a key link between manager and client and identifying additional work that can be billed.
- Preparation and review of accounts, VAT returns and tax computations from client records, for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assisting clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns, personal tax returns, capital gains tax computations, IHT and other specific actions where necessary (additional training will be provided if needed).
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Supporting managers and partners as part of a focussed client service team, which will include responding to client queries in a professional and timely manner and assisting with ad-hoc advisory work.
- Training and mentoring junior members of the team.
The true benefit for working with this company is the culture and values driven environment, which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working Structure: Flex-e
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge we’re looking for:
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of preparing accounts and related business tax computations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
Zoop Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Specialist based in the East Midlands, and we pride ourselves into providing the highest quality of staff. If this job role doesn’t quite suit your requirements, please get in touch to see what other opportunities we have available, or visit our website on: www.zooprecruitment.co.uk
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kettering, Northamptonshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you ACCA, ACA or AAT qualified?
- Accounting: 1 year (required)
Reference ID: ec